Helping you deal with unexpected expenses
An unsecured overdraft is a short-term borrowing facility that provides you flexibility for dealing with unforeseen expenses when you need it most.
What you need to know
Overdrafts are granted to Personal Banking, Advance and Premier customers who are working in companies approved by the bank and regularly transferring their salaries into their HSBC account. Your maximum overdraft amount depends on your account type.
What you'll get with an unsecured overdraft
- Overdraft facility up to a maximum of one month's gross income
- Approved overdraft period of one year, which may be renewed
- Maximum overdraft amount: EGP 10,000
- Available to current HSBC Personal Banking account holders
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Egyptian nationals only
- EGP 3,000 minimum monthly income
- Minimum of one year of service with your current employer
- Your employer must be on the bank's approved employer list
- Valid National Identification Card
- Recent income or instalment transfer letter in the bank's standard format
Interest rates are subject to regular review according to the prevailing interest rates.
An unsecured overdraft is granted for one year, to be renewed subject to the bank’s Personal Finance Terms & Conditions.
Personal Banking customers
We'll call you
Request a call back for priority processing and faster financing credit. Our team is available weekdays from 9.30am to 3.30pm and will be in touch within 120 minutes.1
Contact us by phone every day from 9am to 11pm.
Visit a branch
Speak to us in branch to start an application.